Friday, June 3, 2016

Electoral College procedures questions



1 What are the procedures particular to the state of Washington? Contact the Secretary of State. Contacted SOS elections dept. by phone, A woman, perhaps the receptionist, told me to contact my party. I told them that it is theyin the Secretary of State’s office, who coordinate the Washington State Electoral College process. They said they would leave a message for someone who knows. I also e-mailed them. 5-28-16 Now I should contact the Governor’s office. Also, I should look up Washington state law cited on National Archives EC page; also look at National Register page. I have consulted with Pam Keeley about whether there is anything amiss about this.  Also plan to consult with Jamie as to whether it makes sense to contact the Governor’s Office about this since the Gov and the SoS, being of two different parties, might not have a meeting of the minds on this.

2. Should I go to the state convention?

3. When is the State Convention? June 18, 2015

4. Is there any travel reimbursement?

5  Can/should I go to the inauguration?  (Book it now)

6. Should I arrive the day before the EC vote?  What’s that date again? December 19, 2016.

7. Can I ask questions of the presidential campaigns in the months before the vote?

8. Will the campaigns attempt to influence me before the vote?  If so, is that legal?

No comments:

Post a Comment